lunes, 2 de enero de 2012

A hymn to the emigrant

I love my country
It covers two areas
My heart is big enough
And the pride of its glories

I love my country
Land of my ancestors,
The one that shelters me
Or the one that sees me born.

The sun, the whiteness of the snow
Only my dreams with me
Guide me and protect me
In my wanderings in the open field.

Heat and cold
Companions of the trip
I live my faith and forge
In effort, without further beating about the bush

I am sad or happy
I work to build
With aggressiveness and excellence
The mailons a future.

For myself and for my children
For deep humanity
I decline the struggles of the past
And all hostilities.

Fear not noble citizen
Of this great country that I love
My presence is only a means
For wills that sow;

Sow love and then leave,
Sowing Hope and follow his path
This is my way of writing
My sorrows and my joys cheerful.

Do not worry, one day I will go
When for sure, my time comes
Where I am, I'll wait
Where you will fill my company.

This world will remain the borders
Witnesses hatreds and phobias
Those who maintain these chimeras,
Finally give meaning to their lives.

person shall carry
Of this world any material
When he shall
As the immigrant to leave his land

Fear not noble citizen
get closer to the barriers
Free chains and ties
The memory and bitter taste

Abdeslam Baraka
Rabat August 20, 2011
Translated by Fatima Baraka

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario